961 MANUALS

Joined
Feb 24, 2014
Messages
1,753
Country flag
Britfan60 said:
I've already had the leaky starter gasket prior the blown gearbox. 6 weeks for a little item to arrive. Do you think the lack of venting could be why I'm blowing oil from the crankcase seam too?
SERIOUSLY??? Oh I'd get that checked out!!! Pressure has to release somewhere!!!
 
Joined
Apr 4, 2013
Messages
123
Hi Richard,

I received the Oil change manual. Really detailed and very good to have, as an oil change for a 961 is not that straightforward. First time my oil was changed, i watched and was surprised in the amount of work it was.

2 small things:
You say to fill the oil up to the middle of the 2 grooves on the dipstick. There is this discussion about that. If i do that to mine, it is overfilled already. Are there different lengths of dipsticks? I can't go higher than the bottom groove. When filled to the bottom groove, it is perfect on mine, and it will stay there without oil consumption. It might be worth making a footnote to note 'some' bikes prefer oil as low as the minimum mark.

On the last page i think there is a typo. Or i am misunderstanding the sentence:
When filling the transmission oil -> Add oil until it (stops) starts coming out of this hole...
 
Joined
Feb 24, 2014
Messages
1,753
Country flag
dimitri said:
Hi Richard,

I received the Oil change manual. Really detailed and very good to have, as an oil change for a 961 is not that straightforward. First time my oil was changed, i watched and was surprised in the amount of work it was.

2 small things:
You say to fill the oil up to the middle of the 2 grooves on the dipstick. There is this discussion about that. If i do that to mine, it is overfilled already. Are there different lengths of dipsticks? I can't go higher than the bottom groove. When filled to the bottom groove, it is perfect on mine, and it will stay there without oil consumption. It might be worth making a footnote to note 'some' bikes prefer oil as low as the minimum mark.

On the last page i think there is a typo. Or i am misunderstanding the sentence:
When filling the transmission oil -> Add oil until it (stops) starts coming out of this hole...

OH GOOD CATCH. THANK YOU!!! I'll re-word that. Basically, fill the oil with 1.2L of oil, but 1.2L is slightly more than needed so it starts coming out that hole. So when it stops, or pretty much stops, it's at the correct amount.
 
Joined
Feb 24, 2014
Messages
1,753
Country flag
I updated the OIL CHANGE MANUAL to REV1. I emailed everyone, if you didn't get it let me know. Thanks for the great feedback and donations. Much appreciated. We all win sharing this info. I also missed reinstalling the oil cooler lines so please review and let me know if there is anything I missed and any other manuals needed. Next is a head light bulb change as mine is burnt out.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2014
Messages
2
G,day Richard,
Great effort from your father and yourself with all your posts, very informative. I,ve had a sport for 9 weeks clocking 7500km with relatively few issues. Those which have arisen mostly have been covered in these forums so have easily been dealt with.
May I also be sent a copy of your PFD.
Many Thanks,
Daryll Kingi

djkingi@hotmail.com
 
Joined
Feb 24, 2014
Messages
1,753
Country flag
Kingcountry said:
G,day Richard,
Great effort from your father and yourself with all your posts, very informative. I,ve had a sport for 9 weeks clocking 7500km with relatively few issues. Those which have arisen mostly have been covered in these forums so have easily been dealt with.
May I also be sent a copy of your PFD.
Many Thanks,
Daryll Kingi
Sent! :mrgreen:
 
Joined
Feb 24, 2014
Messages
1,753
Country flag
I just finished a light bulb replacement manual for every bulb on the bike including how to remove the complete HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLY and how to take apart and reassemble the Gauge Clusters. Hopefully have a manual by the weekend. Started working on Setting Spring SAG on the Norton too. That one will require more time to capture.
 
Joined
Feb 9, 2015
Messages
14
Country flag
Richard would you please be so kind as to send me a PDF of the manual also.
I would be more than happy to donate to your paypal account.
Knowledge is priceless.
ssimonc@hotmail.com
Thanks.
 
Joined
May 12, 2015
Messages
1
Hi Richard,

If you could send me a manual as well that'd be awesome.
My email:
I'd be happy to donate.

Thanks!
Adam
 
Joined
Feb 24, 2014
Messages
1,753
Country flag
smokingferret said:
Hi Richard,

If you could send me a manual as well that'd be awesome.
My email:
I'd be happy to donate.

Thanks!
Adam

Sent! -- and>>> Thank you!
 
Joined
Feb 24, 2014
Messages
1,753
Country flag
V7Sport73 said:
Just wanted to say thanks! Really enjoyed reading the manuals!
Thank you!

I have the Bulb change done, just have to change one thing. Got busy so hopefully I can get them out Monday. Also, I have the CLUSTER removal and reassembly captured. Again, just need some time to get it finished.
 
Joined
Feb 24, 2014
Messages
1,753
Country flag
Thanks for all the support.

Please check your emails for the BULB CHANGE and CLUSTER REMOVAL and Re-install.

Cheers.
 
Joined
May 4, 2014
Messages
17
Hi Richard,
I've followed this very interesting thread. Would it be possible to email me the manuals you've produced?
I've seen references to making donations via paypal on other posts - it looks like you may have started a cottage industry :) Anyway, I'd be happy to contribute.
My email is: pjdear@gmail.com.

Cheers
Paul.
 
Top