For sale in Pa.

contours

VIP MEMBER
Joined
Jan 1, 2012
Messages
882
Country flag
Britfan60 said:
Since when do Sports come with black rims and inverted forks? Is this the norm or special order?
Good question. I saw this ad, too. In fact I bid on just to see where the price will end up. :mrgreen:
 

G81 Can Cycle

VIP MEMBER
Joined
Mar 6, 2012
Messages
433
Country flag
It is badged as a Sport, but has everything that would make it a SF, except flyscreen

Does have radial brembos up front, just like the SF

Here is mine with spokes and black rims
 

Attachments

G81 Can Cycle

VIP MEMBER
Joined
Mar 6, 2012
Messages
433
Country flag
BPHORSEGUY said:
It does not have the Carbon Fiber pieces like an SF.
It's hard to tell from the pics, but the front fender looks to be carbon fiber, chain guard and rear mud guard are not carbon.

But it did sell for $14,100, so if it does have 19 miles on it, is a 2015, with lots of SF equipment, it was a very good price.
 

contours

VIP MEMBER
Joined
Jan 1, 2012
Messages
882
Country flag
G81 Can Cycle said:
But it did sell for $14,100, so if it does have 19 miles on it, is a 2015, with lots of SF equipment, it was a very good price.
I just saw that. It almost brought me a case of buyer's remorse since I just ordered mine last month. Fortunately, it had the inverted forks that I did not want so I'm okay. :?
 
Joined
Jan 5, 2014
Messages
2,491
Country flag
Wow. 14K with 19mi.? That poor guy took a pounding. Gold Coast has a 2014 Cafe Racer for sale, 2 miles. new, price lowered to 18k if anyone is interested. That's a 22k bike.
 
Joined
Aug 9, 2008
Messages
2,075
Country flag
I was watching the final minutes of that auction. It seemed like it was ended a minute early by the owner. It would have kept out any last minute snipers - like me - so the price might have gone higher. (No I wasn't in the market for a new Norton. The old one keeps me quite busy as it is.)

Russ
 

G81 Can Cycle

VIP MEMBER
Joined
Mar 6, 2012
Messages
433
Country flag
OK, I am the guy that won the bid on this Norton. Was buying it as a parts bike for the race season next year.

But, alarm bells rang

Contacted the buyer through the eBay messaging system. He contacts me back via the eBay messaging system. I gave him my phone number and ask him to call me.

The bike is listed as being in Philadelphia. He give me wiring information for a US bank, so everything is good so far.

When he calls, the caller ID lists the phone number as coming from Oregon (bell 1). He tells me on the phone that has some issues (pregnant wife, ect) and that is why he is selling the bike. I ask him what dealership he purchased the bike from, and he can't remember (bell 2) According to his messages, his name is Lance, but his accent is foreign, and does not sound like he is from anywhere that would name a person Lance (bell 3) He is also willing to pay for shipping, even after taking a beating on a new bike (bell 4)

Bell 5, came in an email from eBay. Warning that the sellers account had been accessed by a third party (got this warning 3 times from eBay via email.

So, it may be real, but enough BS that I am not wiring money to anyone. Thought about getting a friend from North Jersey to go check it out, but decided I would just drop the issue.
 
Joined
Nov 29, 2013
Messages
798
Country flag
John, you are a smart man, I was going to bid , free shipping without knowing where it was going seemed odd, only owner that didn't know the dealer seemed odd, and my request for more pics went unananswered???
 
Joined
Jan 5, 2014
Messages
2,491
Country flag
Aha! So you caught that. I was very wary after I posted a question to the seller as to where the bike would ship from. My ebay message said Pa. but the question wasn't publicly posted. Then I see on another page the seller was in Oregon. The bike was too cheap. It just wasn't adding up. Nice catch.
 

contours

VIP MEMBER
Joined
Jan 1, 2012
Messages
882
Country flag
Britjunkie said:
Scam, if it's too good to be true, it is too good to be true.
Yessiree! It smelled a lot like the one I was dealing with. A woman named Lisa who moved to Italy and couldn't register the bike there so was selling for $9000, shipping included! I found it entertaining so I toyed with her for a while until i discovered the photos were from an eBay ad that expired 6 months earlier. in fact, someone on this forum bought that bike!

Fun, fun, fun. :roll:
 
Joined
Jun 26, 2015
Messages
63
I bought that bike, but with all of eBays protections, still wasn't comfortable until it showed up. My advice to those that don't already know, if the story even starts to sound a little weird, run, don't walk away. There's always another deal around the next corner. Mark
 
Joined
Jan 5, 2014
Messages
2,491
Country flag
Hey. Check this out. My buddy is (or was) desperately looking for a Toyota Tacoma. Finds one on Craigslist or ebay, I forget. Hot rod, mint, gorgeous redone truck. Lift kit, paint, big rims. So the truck is in Battery Park Manhattan, the seller is in Oregon, they were willing to bring it to Eastern Long Island for a test drive, all for free of course, but after he wires some bucks into an account. Scam. And if there were ever a buddy to get suckered, its him. He did wire money, but got it back. He was protected. I bought a bike on ebay, went and checked it out, tested it, paid and left. Face to face is the only way.

Addendum: This is part of the message received after contacting the Norton seller "Our records show that you recently contacted or received messages from roses610 through eBay's messaging system. This account was recently found to have been accessed by an unauthorized third party, who may have used the account in an attempt to defraud other members"

Guess that confirms it.
 
Joined
Sep 21, 2015
Messages
48
G81 Can Cycle said:
OK, I am the guy that won the bid on this Norton. Was buying it as a parts bike for the race season next year.

But, alarm bells rang

Contacted the buyer through the eBay messaging system. He contacts me back via the eBay messaging system. I gave him my phone number and ask him to call me.

The bike is listed as being in Philadelphia. He give me wiring information for a US bank, so everything is good so far.

When he calls, the caller ID lists the phone number as coming from Oregon (bell 1). He tells me on the phone that has some issues (pregnant wife, ect) and that is why he is selling the bike. I ask him what dealership he purchased the bike from, and he can't remember (bell 2) According to his messages, his name is Lance, but his accent is foreign, and does not sound like he is from anywhere that would name a person Lance (bell 3) He is also willing to pay for shipping, even after taking a beating on a new bike (bell 4)

Bell 5, came in an email from eBay. Warning that the sellers account had been accessed by a third party (got this warning 3 times from eBay via email.

So, it may be real, but enough BS that I am not wiring money to anyone. Thought about getting a friend from North Jersey to go check it out, but decided I would just drop the issue.
Philly is kinda close to me so tell him I will come get it for you and I will bring cash. I would be more than happy to take a road trip but it seems its a scam for sure.
 

G81 Can Cycle

VIP MEMBER
Joined
Mar 6, 2012
Messages
433
Country flag
potratz said:
G81 Can Cycle said:
OK, I am the guy that won the bid on this Norton. Was buying it as a parts bike for the race season next year.

But, alarm bells rang

Contacted the buyer through the eBay messaging system. He contacts me back via the eBay messaging system. I gave him my phone number and ask him to call me.

The bike is listed as being in Philadelphia. He give me wiring information for a US bank, so everything is good so far.

When he calls, the caller ID lists the phone number as coming from Oregon (bell 1). He tells me on the phone that has some issues (pregnant wife, ect) and that is why he is selling the bike. I ask him what dealership he purchased the bike from, and he can't remember (bell 2) According to his messages, his name is Lance, but his accent is foreign, and does not sound like he is from anywhere that would name a person Lance (bell 3) He is also willing to pay for shipping, even after taking a beating on a new bike (bell 4)

Bell 5, came in an email from eBay. Warning that the sellers account had been accessed by a third party (got this warning 3 times from eBay via email.

So, it may be real, but enough BS that I am not wiring money to anyone. Thought about getting a friend from North Jersey to go check it out, but decided I would just drop the issue.
Philly is kinda close to me so tell him I will come get it for you and I will bring cash. I would be more than happy to take a road trip but it seems its a scam for sure.
Thanks I am pretty sure this was a scam. The guy said he was going to repost, but I have not seen it yet. Hopefully he did not sucker somebody else. If I ever look at a used unit again, in the Northeast, I may take you up on your offer

Thanks
John
 
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
389
Country flag
Seems more like Captain Obvious. If anyone thought it was real then I've got a bridge to sell you.
 

Top