I have been very busy with work, so I don't have huge updates, but I have spent some time working on the Norton. I have the frame completely prepared according to the Old Britt's guide. I am planning on dropping off the frame, swingarm, and misc. parts off tomorrow on my lunch break. While waiting on the cylinders and frame to be powder coated, I thought I would dive into the gearbox to replace the infamous layshaft bearing, just in case. I could not believe how hard it was to take off those straight style screws on the cover! I broke off two of my impact bits (high quality US made impact driver), and three of the screws had to be extracted. The first screw came out with an ez-out style extractor, so that was encouraging! The other two were not budging, and I was afraid I would crack the cover by pounding in the extractor too tight. I ended up drilling out the heads. I ran out of time before I could finish the job today, but I didn't think it looked too bad inside. It had a little sludge buildup, but nothing too terrible. I plan on completely dissembling it, cleaning everything, replacing the seals and gaskets, and then reassembling. Upon reassembly, I am definitely going to use some good stainless torx or allen capscrews. Not really project related entirely, but I went to a motorcycle show in my small town (Grand Forks, ND) and was happy to see a CNW bike there! I was able to chat up the owner for about 45 minutes, couldn't have been nicer and more gracious to my questions. I wish I had asked for his phone number so we could go for a ride sometime. Funny enough, i had actually saved a picture of his exact motorcycle off the CNW webpage, and was using it for inspiration on my phone, before I had met him!