Replacement Clutch Lever

BritTwit

VIP MEMBER
Joined
Aug 25, 2009
Messages
2,359
Country flag
Snapped off the ball end of my clutch lever last on Sunday in my garage.
Lost my balance while moving bikes around to make room to perform maintenance work.
Anyone know where to source new replacement levers?

My dealer shrugged his shoulders. He never ordered any of them, and he has no Norton part number for the levers.
I wasted hours on internet searching for them without success.
They look like Brembo OEM adjustable levers.
Also they appear to be riveted.



 
Joined
Sep 28, 2015
Messages
131
Hi Brit Twit

Can you please confirm which style clutch master cylinder you have, from the photo of the lever you have posted it appears to be the black integral reservoir. Perhaps upload a picture of the master cylinder and then I can tell you the correct part number and availability from us.

Cheers
 
Joined
Jan 16, 2015
Messages
3,240
Country flag
Hello Simon , I have had a clutch lever for my 2014 (December) Sport on order for more than 4 months. I am still waiting for it . Every time I call my dealer they tell me still waiting for Norton. I am still waiting for a rocker cover gasket to do my factory specified Head re-torque . My lever has no black pin , it is part of the lever casting itself. And while you are looking in the bins get me a rocker cover gasket please .
 

G81 Can Cycle

VIP MEMBER
Joined
Mar 6, 2012
Messages
433
Country flag
I also had a broken clutch lever. As I have said in the past, I got my new clutch lever and reservoir from Krazy Horse. It took less than a week to get the assembly at my door after placing the order.

It continues my "rant" on the poor support by the US dealer, and oversite of the US dealer network. If Krazy Horse can get the parts quickly, then the problem is not with Norton UK and availability of parts, but with the management of the US market and dealer network

Additionally, Richard and Dave Coote in Canada seem to have no problem with parts access

Maybe if I keep pointing this out something will happen

Simon: Are you listening? I hope Norton UK does not follow the path taken by some US corporations. Than being, to chastise Krazy Horse for supporting customers outside their region, and not actually take care of the real problem
 

BritTwit

VIP MEMBER
Joined
Aug 25, 2009
Messages
2,359
Country flag
NortonFactoryUK said:
Hi Brit Twit

Can you please confirm which style clutch master cylinder you have, from the photo of the lever you have posted it appears to be the black integral reservoir. Perhaps upload a picture of the master cylinder and then I can tell you the correct part number and availability from us.

Cheers
Simon,

My bike is a 2013 Café Racer with the urine cup remote reservoir clutch M/C.
I'll post a picture of the M/C when I get home this evening.

Thanks.
 
Joined
Jan 16, 2015
Messages
3,240
Country flag
Hello BritTwit , After looking again at my Sport Integral clutch Reservoir again , I have the long tapered black pin , not the flat black piece that pushes on the cutout switch. This part on my lever is part of the silver metal casting on the lever itself. I should order from KH instead of waiting any longer.
 
Joined
Sep 28, 2015
Messages
131
BritTwit said:
NortonFactoryUK said:
Hi Brit Twit

Can you please confirm which style clutch master cylinder you have, from the photo of the lever you have posted it appears to be the black integral reservoir. Perhaps upload a picture of the master cylinder and then I can tell you the correct part number and availability from us.

Cheers
Simon,

My bike is a 2013 Café Racer with the urine cup remote reservoir clutch M/C.
I'll post a picture of the M/C when I get home this evening.

Thanks.

Hi BritTwit

Can you confirm that the master cylinder is gold ? If so we have brand new, from Brembo, replacement levers sat here in our stock room. The part number you need for a Gold line replacement clutch lever is 6040059. Please contact your local dealer to get a price.
 

BritTwit

VIP MEMBER
Joined
Aug 25, 2009
Messages
2,359
Country flag
NortonFactoryUK said:
Hi BritTwit

Can you confirm that the master cylinder is gold ? If so we have brand new, from Brembo, replacement levers sat here in our stock room. The part number you need for a Gold line replacement clutch lever is 6040059. Please contact your local dealer to get a price.
Simon,

Yes, my M/C is gold, with the remote reservoir.
I'll call my dealer.

Thank you.
 
Joined
Jan 5, 2014
Messages
2,491
Country flag
If you can, speak to Curtis. Been there since June. I've had really good communication with this guy.
 
Joined
Jun 26, 2015
Messages
63
I broke my clutch lever and found a replacement on eBay. My bike is a sport an thus has the black integral reservoirs . The replacement lever was for a modern Ducati and was missing the starter cutout casting. I just jumped the cutout wiring and removed the switch. You might be able to find a similar piece but for the remote reservoir setup. They are riveted together, but I saved the old lever and disassembled it. I'm pretty sure it can be reassembled with nuts and bolts. You could go to a welder and have the ball welded back on and after filing and polishing it would look ok. Mark.
 
Joined
Sep 28, 2015
Messages
131
You all probably know this, but thought I would point it out. The levers are designed so that if you drop the bike the end of the lever snaps off, hence the shape of the lever end. The lever is sacrificial to stop the master cylinder assembly itself being damaged when the bike is dropped.
 

G81 Can Cycle

VIP MEMBER
Joined
Mar 6, 2012
Messages
433
Country flag
NortonFactoryUK said:
You all probably know this, but thought I would point it out. The levers are designed so that if you drop the bike the end of the lever snaps off, hence the shape of the lever end. The lever is sacrificial to stop the master cylinder assembly itself being damaged when the bike is dropped.
I did not know that, but sounds like a good design idea

Thanks for information Simon
 
Joined
Jan 5, 2014
Messages
2,491
Country flag
NortonFactoryUK said:
You all probably know this, but thought I would point it out. The levers are designed so that if you drop the bike the end of the lever snaps off, hence the shape of the lever end. The lever is sacrificial to stop the master cylinder assembly itself being damaged when the bike is dropped.
I believe most levers are designed that way now. I've seen quite a few bikes recently with broken levers. All snapped at the same spot. What's going on with the bad case of the "dropsies" lately? Something in the water? :roll:
 

BritTwit

VIP MEMBER
Joined
Aug 25, 2009
Messages
2,359
Country flag
Britfan60 said:
What's going on with the bad case of the "dropsies" lately? Something in the water? :roll:
I snapped the ball off my clutch lever moving my bikes around in the garage to make room to work on one of them. Tripped on my own big feet, and lost my balance and dropped the 961 up against the concrete wall. Luckily the bike landed right on the lever. The ball snapped and went shooting across the garage, expletives went shooting out of my mouth immediately thereafter. I freaked because I thought I had scraped the side of the bike, but nothing else other than my CRG mirror touched the concrete wall. The mirror folded so it only got a tiny scrape. All things considered, I was very lucky.

Next time I’ll remember to first wake up, and pull my head out of my ass before shuffling bikes around in the garage.
 

cehenard

VIP MEMBER
Joined
Sep 29, 2014
Messages
123
Country flag
Related subject. Has anyone found any frame savers that will work on the 961? I haven't needed them and hope I never do on the Norton, but I've got them on some other bikes (and never needed them) and I don't have them on some bikes and could have saved hundreds of dollars if I would have had them. A little fall can be very expensive.
 
Joined
Jan 5, 2014
Messages
2,491
Country flag
I haven't dropped mine........yet. I'm a klutz, so its in the works. Hope you find a suitable replacement soon.
 

Top