Back in March of this year, I found a G15CS basket case. The bike had just 2 owners, as far as I know, and was last registered in 1973. The owner I got it from had plans of restoring it for the past 40 years, but finally gave up. I only found out about it because an acquaintance of mine was offered the bike and thought it too far gone to restore - definitely not worth the $600 being asked for it. I went and looked at it, and bought it. It is one of those projects that would probably cost more to restore than it's worth, but that's not why many of us do this. The bike came home the last weekend in March, and the pic below is what came home: Bike on pick up day The next three months were spent disassembling the bike and ordering parts. I took it down to the last nut and bolt, wire-wheeled all the fasteners, brackets, spokes and such, and took a 5-gallon bucket down to Airco in Miami. Getting everything plated in clear cadmium cost $140. The 20 or so pieces that needed re-chroming went to a local guy, S A L plating, where I dropped another $500 and change. The primary was a disaster, and it went over to AIM Alloy Welding - which was not a wise move. It took them a lot of time to get the primary in decent condition, and cost over $350 to fix. I would have been better off spending less than $300 for the two or three primaries that went on ebay at the same time. My local guy got me a Devon stainless rim for the front, but was having a time getting the rear - these bikes get the same WM3-18" wheel as the Atlas, except with the larger spokes. Cylinder was bored. Crank, rods and new pistons were balanced by a local machine shop - John's Cages - to a factor of 82%. Engine assembled While waiting for the rear wheel, I rebuilt the front wheel, forks, transmission, clutch, carbs and engine. I also got several boxes of parts from Walridge Motors and AMC Classic Spares, along with a handful of bits off ebay. After nearly 4 months, I canceled the rear wheel from my local guy, and got a stainless Central Wheel off ebay. With the rear rim in the garage, I was finally able to start putting the bike together. July 24 was frame painting day. July 25 was assembly day: I picked up one of those big organizing bins, and had sorted all the fasteners and brackets from the cad plater - this made assembly of the chassis pretty easy. I was quite happy with the spokes and nipples - I had done the same thing with the Ranger. After about two weeks of assembly, this is where it sat: It was at this point I discovered the harness I had purchased was not going to work - it was for a magneto bike. A few emails back and forth with British Wiring, and they swapped the harness for their P11 harness, which fit quite nicely. The P11 harness will work with late Atlases, G/N15s, P11s and the Mercury. By labor day weekend, The bike was pretty complete, save for painting the body panels and waiting for the harness. bike with spare tank, checking for fit. The following week, I painted the panels base color applied - back yard job candy applied D-stripe masking peeled off Status on Sept 19. Barber is getting close! New harness finally came on Sept 20. Next week was spent buttoning things up Status on Sept 22. Buttoning up the primary on Sept 27. Last bit before the roll-out More or less done. Too dark to attempt the start. Rolled the bike out the next day, Sept 28, and got it running. Would have liked to have more time to sort it out before taking it to Barber, but at least I got it up there. Haven't touched it much since I got back - work has been crazy - but should have it sorted in time for the good riding weather coming up 8) I have not totaled the receipts, but have a vague, optimistic idea - it's better this way. I can think I spent about $9K without having to explain what it actually cost.