I finally have 6000 miles on my 961

Joined
Jan 16, 2015
Messages
3,093
Country flag
I bought my bike in December 2014 and its taken me this long to get to 6,000 miles . pitiful isn't it ? I only ride on the weekends , but lately with such good weather I have been getting late afternoon rides in !
 
Joined
Feb 24, 2014
Messages
1,753
Country flag
I have double you. Started riding mine may 2015. Congrats Tony. This year we've had so much rain its been the lowest amount of miles on a bike for me.
 
Joined
Jan 16, 2015
Messages
3,093
Country flag
Maybe we should start a How many miles do you have on your 961 thread ?
Richard-7 , 12,000 miles
TonyA , 6,000 miles
 
Joined
Aug 17, 2015
Messages
551
Country flag
Doubled Richard-7:
22'222 miles mostly ridden in Switzerland since May 2012...
 
Joined
Jan 5, 2014
Messages
2,456
Country flag
7650 something. Been laid up since April. Actually its been laid up every summer except last year. 14, 15 and 17. That considered, I've done quite a bit of riding.
 
Joined
Jan 16, 2015
Messages
3,093
Country flag
Raphi , 22,222 miles
Richard-7 , 11,213 miles
Britfan60 , 7,650 miles
Pingu-nz , 6060 miles
TonyA , 6000 miles

Keep posting , I would like to hear how many miles you've got on .
 

glb

VIP MEMBER
Joined
Sep 21, 2015
Messages
239
Country flag
8000 nearly in just under two years Least I have ever done on a bike :( Purely as a result of work and I do have another bike
 

contours

VIP MEMBER
Joined
Jan 1, 2012
Messages
882
Country flag
My pitiful confession: 1340 since June 2016. Out of those 15 months, 10 were ride-able weather-wise, but the bike has been ride-able for only about 4 for various reasons. Got a lot of catching up to do after I get home next week. (I had originally planned to haul my 961 and my wife's XL883N out here to Colorado for spectacular riding in the mountains. We opted to rent bikes here, instead :roll: ).
 

BritTwit

VIP MEMBER
Joined
Aug 25, 2009
Messages
2,322
Country flag
22,222 miles for Raphi
Holy crap, you are the heavy weight champion of 961 mileage!

I only have 3600 miles so far.
300+ since the breather upgrade which is working fine.
Now my battery is dying. Starter turns the motor twice, then just growls back at me.
Takes the battery hours to build up charge again.
Fix one problem, another rears its head.
 
Joined
Jan 5, 2014
Messages
2,456
Country flag
BritTwit said:
22,222 miles for Raphi
Holy crap, you are the heavy weight champion of 961 mileage!

I only have 3600 miles so far.
300+ since the breather upgrade which is working fine.
Now my battery is dying. Starter turns the motor twice, then just growls back at me.
Takes the battery hours to build up charge again.
Fix one problem, another rears its head.
If that's the original, its time for a change. Put a new one in right before I crashed in April. Get the bike back......fired right up but still took a long time for the LED to go green on the tender. Also, miraculously, my digital display is working.
 

BritTwit

VIP MEMBER
Joined
Aug 25, 2009
Messages
2,322
Country flag
Britfan60 said:
If that's the original, its time for a change. Put a new one in right before I crashed in April. Get the bike back......fired right up but still took a long time for the LED to go green on the tender. Also, miraculously, my digital display is working.
Curtis,

Strange. Seems like Dr Lucas' ghost has infected the 961s. :wink:

Mine is the original battery.
Did you replace the battery with the standard Yuasa YTZ14S type?
 
Joined
Jan 5, 2014
Messages
2,456
Country flag
BritTwit said:
Britfan60 said:
If that's the original, its time for a change. Put a new one in right before I crashed in April. Get the bike back......fired right up but still took a long time for the LED to go green on the tender. Also, miraculously, my digital display is working.
Curtis,

Strange. Seems like Dr Lucas' ghost has infected the 961s. :wink:

Mine is the original battery.
Did you replace the battery with the standard Yuasa YTZ14S type?
I did. I figured with a total of 2 years abuse off a tender and 4 years old, its a pretty good battery.
 
Joined
Jan 16, 2015
Messages
3,093
Country flag
OK SO FAR :
Raphi - 22,222 miles
Richard-7 - 11,213 miles
GLB - 8,000 miles
Britfan60 - 7,803 miles
Pingunz - 6,060 miles
TonyA - 6,000 miles
Britwit - 3,600 miles
Murph - 1,950 miles
Contours - 1,340 miles
Lexington - 1,000 miles
 
Top